End of an eventful year

Every year as fall semester dwindles down, I can’t help but call it anti-climactic. We wait for Thanksgiving, travel back to Madison and cram before finals hit. Then it’s time for the holidays and soon enough, we’re back in Madison. Maybe I feel that way because winter break is cut in half for us Heralders, or maybe it’s because of the cold. Regardless, this time around it doesn’t feel right to call it anti-climactic. It’s been an experience.

As students at the University of Wisconsin, we witnessed another semi-riotous Halloween celebration, John Kerry and the Boss graced Washington Avenue, we all (hopefully) participated in an historic election and the Badgers went 9-0 and choked.

Every semester, despite the mayhem of Madison, we manage to pass our classes and continue on. Speaking of which, good luck on those finals and for all of you graduating, good luck in the real world. Fantasyland is closing its doors to you grads and sending you out to get a job.

The Herald is losing a few good sports boys, a news editor or two and an arts editor. We’re gaining a new Ziemer, a few new newsies and an arts addition. I have had the luxury of an amazing staff this semester. Along the way we acquired a photo editor, dealt with our fair share of issues and still managed to publish 16,000 copies daily. Staffers, thank you!

Readers, thank you for continuing to turn our pages on a daily basis, whether it be to do the crossword, check sports scores, catch up on news coverage or disagree with opinions. Thank you for your continuous support and constructive criticism. We’ll be back in January with fresh blood!

Back in September, I told you all to prepare for a wild ride and I hope you did … because I’m going to say it again … Prepare for one wild ride! I’m sure this next semester will bring us our fair share of surprises. It always does.