LAPD investigating Chadima party

The Los Angeles Police Department is investigating former University of Wisconsin associate athletic director John Chadima following allegations he sexually assaulted a male student employee during the Badgers trip to the Rose Bowl in December.

LAPD detective Jesse Alvarado said they recently were informed a crime may have occurred, prompting the investigation.

“We recently received information, and we’re looking into it,” Alvarado said.

The alleged incident took place on Dec. 30, 2011, when Chadima held a party at the Marriott Hotel in Los Angeles for athletics staff and student employees, according to a report released by a UW-established independent review panel.

After the party, Chadima allegedly convinced the student employee to stay after others left, then proceeded to unbuckle the victim’s belt and place his hand in the victim’s pants. Chadima later threatened to fire the individual after he left the room.

A second report released by UW claimed Chadima acted inappropriately towards two other former students, one a former football player and one a past student athletics employee.

According to the reports, the three individuals have not filed formal charges against Chadima.

The incidents and reports have prompted a review of UW alcohol procedures by Vice Chancellor for Administrative Affairs Darrell Bazzell.