Badger football tickets sell out in 40 minutes

Today was not the day to hit the snooze button for a Badger football fan.

It only took 40 minutes for Badger football tickets in the student section to sell out, with ticket sales for undergraduates ending at 8:10 a.m. Monday morning.

“It’s not the quickest [they have sold out], but it’s in the ball park. The last couple years have been in the same time frame,” said UW Athletics spokesperson Brian Lucas.

Student section football tickets were sold for $154 and include vouchers for seven home games at Camp Randall, according to a statement from UW Athletics.

But all the 14,000 seats in the student section are not spoken for. Lucas said 1,700 tickets are held for graduate and professional students, which will go on sale July 11.

Tickets for men’s hockey went on sale Monday morning as well, and seats are still available, Lucas said.

Students can pick up ticket vouchers starting Aug. 22 at Gate 9 at Camp Randall. The first home game will pit the Badgers against the University of Nevada-Las Vegas Rebels on Sept. 1.

The original article said tickets went on sale Tuesday morning instead of Monday morning and has been changed to correct the error.