Milk Enthusiasts, Triathlon Runners and more

UW Triathlon Team

The University of Wisconsin Triathlon started in the 1990s when competing in triathlons started to boom. The team does more than swim, bike and run according to UW senior and president Alex Dean.

Most of the team’s competitions occur during the summer, but they also compete at collegiate nationals, which Dean said will be in Alabama this year.

In addition, the team also fundraises and does volunteer work.

Freestyle Funk Sessions

Free weekly dance class in a friendly environment is how UW junior and creator Jeff Vinokur characterized Freestyle Funk Sessions.

Vinokur said the class is open to dancers of all skill levels, and makes learning free style hip-hop fun and easy.

The group also does workshops at local schools, and Vinokur said he works with dance crews at Madison West High School.

Milk Enthusiasts

In its first year as a registered student organization, Milk Enthusiasts is a group for students who enjoy consuming dairy products together.

Member and UW senior Abrianna Barca said the group originated from a first year interest group in Witte Hall, and is the most consistent thing she has done since starting at UW as a freshman.

Essentially, members congregate once a week to eat dairy products, particularly ice cream, and take a break from college life.

Colleges Against Cancer

Centered around an illness many students relate to, UW’s chapter of Colleges Against Cancer aims to increase awareness while also raising money for cancer research, advocacy and caretaking, according to co-president and UW junior Brianna Pilling.

The group puts on events monthly, including the mid-October staple Breast Fest and the Protect Your Balls Dodgeball Tournament in March.

CAC also hosts Madison’s Relay for Life each spring, which Pilling said raised more than $150,000 last year alone.