Breaking news: Lifehouse coming to Freakfest

The nationally known rock group Lifehouse will be playing at Madison’s Halloween celebration this year, the group reported on their website Friday.

Lifehouse will play on State Street Saturday, October 27, as part of Madison’s Freakfest 2007.

In addition,The Gabe Dixon Band, Matt Wertz, Dave Barnes and The Mighty Short Bus all report on their respective websites that they will be playing at Freakfest as well.

Frank Productions and city officials met Thursday night to begin public discussions for the Halloween festivities. This will be the second year of Freakfest following last year’s peaceful ending to the traditionally infamous celebration. In 2005, police used tear gas to disperse crowds that lingered in the early morning hours.

Tickets for Freakfest go on sale Friday, October 5, for $7 each, up from $5 last year. There is no admission cost to enter the street Friday, October 26.

For more information, see today’s article titled “City focuses on safety for 2007 Halloween festivities.” More details to come in Monday’s edition.