‘Celebrate Madison’ not so festive

Due to Wednesday’s rainy weather, “Celebrate Madison” was canceled and rescheduled for Friday. Celebrate Madison is part of the All Campus Party, where students can celebrate the culture and music of the University of Wisconsin.

The daylong event will include cultural and musical performances by student organizations representing countries from around the world. It celebrates the university’s cultural diversity and gives students a taste of what this campus has to offer. Some of the highlights include UW break dancing, belly dancing and Hawaiian music. Celebrate Madison also features the Tastes of State Street. People can sample food from various restaurants down Madison’s renowned pedestrian mall.

Celebrate Madison is just one of many events during this week’s All Campus Party. It gives students the opportunity to celebrate the end of the academic year and see the culture of the campus community.

Celebrate Madison will be held Friday from noon to 4 p.m. on Library Mall. For more information about the events of Celebrate Madison, visit the All Campus Party website at http://www.uwalumni.com/wasb/acp2003/index.htm.