Sex scandal erupts at Witte

A student at the University of Wisconsin residing in Witte Hall has been accused of setting up a webcam in his dorm room and broadcasting a sexual encounter between him and his underage girlfriend live via the Internet.

The 18-year-old UW student had his computer equipment and several photographs seized from his dorm room by police. His 15-year-old girlfriend had similar items taken from her home in Brookfield, Wis.

According to search warrants, the girl’s mother is also under investigation by police for allegedly taking nude photographs of the couple. The 18-year-old UW student admitted to investigators that his girlfriend’s stepmother had allegedly engaged in these acts.

A number of Witte residents are in shock that illegal acts of this sort could be occurring down the hall from them.

“It feels strange that you’re living around those people,” UW sophomore and Witte resident Asif Pesnani said. Pesnani said he first became aware of the incident while watching the news Wednesday. He also said that most students residing in Witte or at UW are unaware of the allegations.

“No one knew about it here (in Witte). It didn’t affect anyone all that much” Pesnani said. “He could be anyone in the dorms.”

UW sophomore and Witte resident Ali Shanaa felt similarly but was more appalled than Pesnani.

“It’s kind of weird … kind of disturbing,” Shanaa said.

This videotaping incident comes just years after the similar Sellery Hall incident in which a UW student videotaped herself engaging in self-stimulation. The tapes, only intended to be viewed by her boyfriend, somehow managed to get on to the Internet for all to see.

Students began downloading the video and spreading the word among students on and off of campus. Many say the incident is nationally known among college students at several universities, which has led many to compare the two pornographic incidents.

Police are currently investigating the current situation. Waukesha County prosecutors are waiting for additional information before any decisions can officially be made regarding any official charges.