Who to Buy and Sell in Week 5

Surprising performances by unexpected players or disappointed play by early round picks are what makes fantasy football more interesting and unpredictable. Just like any other week, Week 4 produced fantasy stars and fantasy busts. The studs in Week 4 could be amazing for the rest of the season or it could only last a week i.e., Andre Brown. Here is a list of players who should be considered to be either sell-high or buy-low and who might not perform in their Week 5 matchup.

Time to buy-low before they get pricy

1. Williams, Ryan (RB, ARI) – Williams carried 13 times for only 26 yards last week against the Dolphins. Kevin Kolb threw 42 times against the Dolphins which took carries away from Cardinals running backs. Kolb probably won’t throw 42 times again against the Rams giving more opportunities to the back field. Also, with Beanie Wells on the injured reserve with a toe injury Williams will see a lot of carries in the coming weeks. Now is a good time to pick him up for trade for him before he has a big game.

2. Lloyd, Brandon (WR, NE) – Lloyd has not been too bad in his first four weeks as a Patriot racking up 287 receiving yards and a touchdown. The most encouraging thing for Lloyd owners is that he continues to lead the team in targets with 40. Also, Tom Brady wasn’t the Brady of old for in the three weeks of the season, but he seemed get back on track in Week 4. From now on it is the Brady show which is good news for Lloyd, Wes Welker and Rob Gronkowski.

3. Hartline, Brian (WR, MIA) – Hartline has the most receiving yards in the NFL and has the third most targets in the league. Despite these numbers many fantasy owners aren’t confident on him at the moment even after his huge performance in Week 4 (12 receptions for 253 yards with a touchdown). This is the time to buy Hartline before he people realize his value.

4. Witten, Jason (TE, DAL) – Witten has the second most targets among Tight Ends right after Jimmy Graham. He hadn’t been a fantasy factor until last week (13 receptions for 112 yards with a touchdown). He isn’t in Graham’s or Gronkowski’s level, but he should have value moving forward.

Time to sell-high before anything happens

1. Ridley, Stevan (RB, NE) – Ridley has been mentioned in articles many times right now. He is talented but plays for the New England Patriots. This team throws more than runs except for the last week and never sticks to just one running back. Now, Tom Bray is playing well and he isn’t going to stop throwing now, especially against Peyton Manning in Week 5.

2. Bush, Reggie (RB, MIA) – Bush has potential. When he is healthy, he is dominant on the field, but when he is not 100%, his projection number frustrates fantasy owners. He was decent in Week 4 with 17 carries for 67 yards. Ryan Tannehill has been playing better as of late. As Tannehill feels more confident to throw, Bush might not be as productive.

3. Mathews, Ryan (RB, SD) – Mathews’ season debut wasn’t bad. He carried 14 times for 61 yards and caught two passes for 21 yards. He outperformed Jackie Battle in terms of yards per carry (4.4 vs. 2.6), but Battle performed better overall with 15 carries for 39 yards and a touchdown and 4 receptions for 42 yards with a touchdown. The Chargers aren’t going to give Mathews a heavy workload right now due to his health and this could affect his fantasy value.

4. Spiller, CJ and Jackson, Fred (RB, BUF) – Both Spiller and Jackson are back on the field. This is not good for either of them. Just like the Panthers running backs (at least, the quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn’t run), neither gets many carries.

Don’t expect too much from them in Week 5

1. Colston, Marques (WR, NO) – Colston caught nine passes for 153 yards with a touchdown last week. He was absolutely amazing, so why is he in this list? Colston usually doesn’t have two amazing weeks in a row. Also, the Chargers passing defense is the eighth best against opponents’ wide receivers so far.

2. White, Roddy (WR, ATL) – White caught eight passes for 169 yards with two touchdowns. When White does great, Julio Jones does poorly. White should be okay because he is talented, but Jones is going to step up in Week 5.

Watch out! Might be off in Week 5

1. Jones, Julio (WR, ATL) – Forget about the Week 4. Jones is too talented to have two down weeks in a row. He will have 100+ yards and a touchdown, at least. Fun fact: the Redskins have given up the most points against opponents’ wide receivers. He is one of the most dangerous wide receivers in Week 5.

2. Johnson, Andre (WR, HOU) – Johnson caught three passes for 56 yards in Week 4, nothing to be ecstatic about. He has been inconsistent for fantasy owners because the Texans have been so dominant that they do not need to throw the ball late in games. The Jets’ defense is good enough that Johnson should be productive in Week 5.