Fantasy Football Pickups for Week 7

More than one-third of the NFL season is over. That means there just 12 games left end up on top in your fantasy league. Fantasy football is just about to get more exciting. There are six teams that have a bye week, so the need of free agent pickup is more than usual. Hopefully, the players on the list help with fantasy owners!

Bye Week: Philadelphia Eagles, Denver Broncos, Miami Dolphins, Atlanta Falcons, San Diego Chargers, Kansas City Buccaneers

1. Fitzpatrick, Ryan (QB, Buf) – Fitzpatrick has been great in the Bills’ two home games this season. Buffalo will take on Tennessee in Week 7. The Titans have allowed the third most points against the oppossing quarterbacks, so Fitzpatrick should be good to go.

2. Palmer, Carson (QB, Oak) – Just like Fitzpatrick, Palmer has been decent at home (even against the Chargers and the Steelers). The Jaguars should be easier for Palmer compared to the Falcons last week.

3. Green, Alex (RB, GB) – Green carried 22 times for 65 yards and caught a pass for eight yards. It looks like Green is the number one back. He should be productive against the Rams defense, which is definitely worse than the Texans defense Green faced last week.

4. Ballard, Vick (RB, Ind) – Ballard carried eight times for 25 yards and caught two passes for 17 yards last week. Not an impressive performance against the Jets, but he and the angry Colts should be better at home against the worst team in the NFL, the Cleveland Browns.

5. Jones, Felix (RB, Dal) – Murray is unlikely to play this week against the Panthers, so Jones has a chance to shine. Jones carried 18 times for 92 yards with a touchdown and caught a pass for 13 yards. The Panthers have allowed the fifth most points against the oppossing running back giving Jones a chance to be productive again.

6. Richardson, Daryl (RB, Stl) – Not necessarily for this week, but Richardson has potential to be a fantasy star in the near future. He carried 11 times for 76 yards and caught two passes for 23 yards last week. Even though Steven Jackson is healthy, Richardson carried as much as Jackson. This shows that Richardson might replace inefficient Jackson sometime soon.

7. Powell, William (RB, Ari) – LaRod Stephens-Howling started in Week 6, but struggled. Powell stepped in and carried 13 times for 70 yards. He also caught a pass for eight yards. The Vikings have a much better running defense than the Bills. They will pose a challenge for Powell this week, but he should be alright to fill in for a running back on a bye.

8. Williams, Mike (WR, TB) – Williams caught four passes for 113 yards with a touchdown last week against the Chiefs. This is two straight 100+ yards games for Williams. The Saints have allowed the third most points for wide receivers giving Williams another chance to shine this week.

9. Avery, Donnie (WR, IND) – Avery was targeted a team-high 12 times last week and had four receptions for 60 yards. He was targeted more than Wayne in Week 6. This isn’t likely to happen again, but it does show that Avery is a big part of the Colts’ offense. The good news is that the Browns have allowed the second most points to wide receivers and Avery should be good to go.

10. Gibson, Brandon (WR, Stl) – Gibson was targeted a team-high nine times and caught 7 passes for 91 yards against Miami. The old Packers are back now and the Rams are likely to throw a ball if they find themselves in a big hole early. Gibson might surprise fantasy owners this week.

11. Chandler, Scott (TE, Buf) – Chandler has been quiet since Week 4. However, the Titans have allowed the most points against tight ends. Chandler should find a red zone this week.

12. Fleener, Coby (TE, IND) – Fleener has been mediocre so far catching four passes for 42 yards last week. The Browns have been tough against tight ends, but Fleener should fill in fine for bye-week tight ends.

13. Graham, Shayne (K, Hou) – Kickers do matter in fantasy football. The Texans’ offense has been great, so Graham has had a chance to kick more. He should be decent as long as the Texans’ offense continues to click.

14. New England Patriots D/ST – At home against Sanchez. Forget about Shonne Greene who had a great game last week. He will never be that productive again this season!

15. Indianapolis Colts D/ST – At home against Brandon Weeden and the Cleveland Browns. It is going to take awhile for the Browns to achieve the second win of the season. The Colts defense should be able to hold down the Browns’ offensive attack