Players to Trade and Pick Up in Week 4

Drafting well in fantasy football is important. After the draft fantasy football is all about picking up free agents and matchups. For example, even if the 49ers’ defense is one of the best in the league, starting them against the team with a good offense is risky. On the contrary, starting the Redskins’ defense against the Browns is a wise choice.

However, it is difficult to predict players’ performances from week to week once the season starts. It is always a good idea avoid players who have an injury-history or performed well in only one year – consistency is what fantasy owners need from their players. Even though draft sheets made by sports experts say that a certain player will do well, some early rounds players underperform while some undrafted players become the fantasy stars by the end of the season.

Yes, some players need to be traded as soon as possible while some others require patience. Since the future is unpredictable, patience could be a waste of time; however the waiting process could be exactly what the doctor ordered.

Time to let them go:

1. Stafford, Matt (QB, DET) – Stafford left the game last week after a strained right leg and is currently questionable in Week 4. He might come back but hasn’t necessarily performed well so far averaging 287.7 yards per game with a 68.9 completion percentage. He is not a running quarterback like Newton and RG3, so when his passing yards and touchdowns decrease, his fantasy value also decreases.

2. Spiller, CJ (RB, BUF) – Spiller left the game in Week 3 with a left shoulder injury and is listed as doubtful in Week 4. He should get the majority of carries if Fred Jackson is still out, but Jackson is likely coming back in Week 4 or Week 5 at the latest. Spiller will get fewer carries and is an injury-risk even when he gets back on the field.

3. Forte, Matt (RB, CHI) – Forte left the game in Week 2 and is questionable in Week 4. His backup, Michael Bush, was decent – 18 rushes for 55 yards and a touchdown and had two receptions for 18 yards in Week 3. Even when Forte was healthy, Bush still scored twice and performed well. Forte should be an okay option, but having a potential injury-risk, he should be traded when his value is high.

4. Jackson, Steven (RB, STL) – In the past three weeks, Jackson carried 41 times for 140 yards and has six receptions for 36 yards. The problem with Jackson is that he is an injury-risk player and already scared fantasy owners last week with a groin injury.

5. Fitzgerald, Larry (WR, ARI) – Fitzgerald did great in Week 3; caught nine passes for 114 yards and a touchdown. He should be okay as moving forward since the Cardinals’ rushing offense gets better. However, he is an inconsistent fantasy option as moving forward.

Time to buy-low:

1. Johnson, Chris (RB, TEN) – Probably has given the most frustration to fantasy owners so far. In the past three weeks, he carried 33 times for only 45 yards and caught nine passes for 63 yards. The bright side is that Locker seemed better with Kenny Britt back last week. With Locker posing more of a passing threat, the defense will not be able to put all of its concentration on stopping Johnson. He is talented and might not necessarily be great against the Texans in Week 4, but he should be fine moving forward.

2. Turner, Michael (RB, ATL) – He has scored in two straight games but is still projected to produce a low amount of points in most leagues. Many people are down on him, but he should be a solid option as moving forward since the Falcons don’t face great defenses.

3. Nelson, Jordy (WR, GB) – Nelson has been somewhat underperforming as the Packers’ passing offense has not been productive. But now Jennings is back which may help the Packers’ offense get back into a rhythm. Nelson should be a top-notch wide receiver by the end of season.