NFL Preview: Week 7

Vikings at Packers

This primetime Sunday night game looks to be a good one. The Packers and Vikings both need wins, and each team would be elated to notch a much-needed victory over its bitter rival. The Packers get a slight edge because they will be playing in the friendly confines of Lambeau Field, an intimidating venue for opponents.

Packers 24, Vikings 17

Redskins at Bears

Both teams have opened some eyes this season with their improvement from last year, but both teams are coming off of tough losses. This should be a high-scoring aerial fireworks show, with Cutler and McNabb trading punches in an entertaining affair. 

Redskins 34, Bears 24

Bengals at Falcons

The Falcons’ impressive streak of victories came to a crashing halt with a 31-17 loss to the Eagles on Sunday. The Bengals, coming off a bye week, have underachieved thus far. Look for the Falcons, with the support of a raucous home crowd in the Georgia Dome, to rebound from their loss to the Eagles. 

Falcons 28, Bengals 14

Eagles at Titans

Vince Young suffered a knee injury in his team’s 30-3 victory over the Jaguars on Monday night; as of now, it is not clear whether he will play against Philadelphia. Kevin Kolb directed the high-flying Eagles offense with ease on Sunday. He could have another impressive performance against a soft Titans defense. 

Eagles 27, Titans 10

Jaguars at Chiefs 

Jacksonville is picking up the pieces after being routed by the Titans. The Chiefs are coming off a tough loss as well, a last-second heartbreaker to the Texans. Kansas City has shown consistency running the football this season. Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones should have success on the ground, which will allow Kansas City to control the game.

Chiefs 17, Jaguars 7

Steelers at Dolphins 

This is one of the more intriguing matchups of Week 7. Big Ben made a smooth re-entry into his role of starting quarterback with a solid performance against Cleveland last week. Not to be outdone, the Dolphins pulled off an impressive victory over the Packers at Lambeau Field. Tough defense and a few key turnovers will probably be the story of this game. 

Steelers 13, Dolphins 9

Raiders at Broncos 

The success of Kyle Orton belies the Broncos’ 2-4 record, which could easily be 3-3 after a surprisingly close loss to the Jets. The Raiders have been more impressive than usual, but the Broncos should take control early and cruise through the rest of the game. 

Broncos 17, Raiders 7

Patriots at Chargers 

The once-mighty Chargers are desperate for a win after an embarrassing loss to the Rams. Beating the 4-1 Patriots would be the perfect remedy to re-establish confidence and motivation in their squad. The Patriots must avoid underestimating San Diego, which is still a very talented team. 

Patriots 27, Chargers 21

Giants at Cowboys

The Cowboys are on the verge of complete collapse, since their status as preseason Super Bowl favorites is quickly wearing away. The 4-2 Giants seem to have the advantage, but the sheer desperation and determination of the Cowboys should get them a critical victory.

Cowboys 17, Giants 14

Browns at Saints

This one could be ugly. The Browns haven’t made any progress in moving out of the NFL’s basement, and the Saints got back on track with a 31-6 thumping of the Buccaneers last week. It doesn’t help that Colt McCoy has only played in one NFL game and will most likely start in the deafening Superdome, which can make even the most poised quarterbacks look incompetent. 

Saints 30, Browns 7

Rams at Buccaneers 

Both teams have made vast improvements from last season with three wins so far. Sam Bradford has demonstrated poise and consistency for the Rams, most recently guiding them to an upset over the downtrodden Chargers. Being a rookie, however, Bradford is bound to go through ups and downs, and this game looks to be one of his poorer performances. 

Buccaneers 13, Rams 3

49ers at Panthers 

The Panthers will be desperate for a win, as they have yet to win this season. The 49ers aren’t that far ahead of them with only have one win and it came against the struggling Raiders. A healthy dose of Frank Gore and shutdown defensive play should pave the way to victory for Singletary’s squad. 

49ers 14, Panthers 6

Bills at Ravens

A tough defense, home-field advantage and strong motivation for a victory after a loss is a scary combination for the winless Bills to consider. The Ravens have played very well in a tight AFC North, and they understand that they need to take advantage of this opportunity to rebound against a struggling team. 

Ravens 35, Bills 10

Cardinals at Seahawks

The NFC West is wide open, with every team having a legitimate chance to win the division. The Seahawks surprised many by defeating the Bears at Soldier Field with a solid performance by veteran Matt Hasselbeck. On the other hand, the Cardinals are still searching for their identity. Rookie Cardinals’ quarterback Max Hall has shown potential, but he may struggle against the Seahawks’ defense. 

Seahawks 10, Cardinals 3