Sweetie pie lion cubs coming soon to Henry Vilas Zoo

And boy, oh boy, are they adorable
Courtesy of WKOW.com

The general cuteness of the Madison area has increased at least slightly thanks to the birth of two lion cubs at the Henry Vilas Zoo.

Within the next few weeks, the public at large will be able to see the two little lions, both born in late February to proud parents Shakura and Pelo, according to an article by WKOW.

Fortunately, to hold the public over until the glorious day when we can all squeal and “aww” at the pint-sized predators, Vilas Zoo has released two adorable pictures of the still unnamed cubs.

As a member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums’ African Lion Species Survival Plan, a nation-wide effort to keep a healthy population of the threatened species, the zoo is just as excited as you are to see these two cubs happy and healthy.

“The birth of these cubs is an incredible accomplishment for both the Henry Vilas Zoo family and the conservation work our zoo staff does every day,” Dane County Executive Joe Parisi said.

The zoo will announce the exact date when their little furry fiends will be available for public view on their official Facebook page, likely sometime in late May.

Courtesy of WKOW.com