Best places to nap on UW’s campus

Guide to catching some Zzz’s with ultimate ease
Best places to nap on UWs campus
Giphy

Of course you need one. We all need one.

As second semester nears its end and finals begin to pose a real threat, long nights at College Library and nodding off in lecture the next morning are back in full swing.

Doctors recommend adults get eight hours of sleep per night; a suggestion so laughable to the average college student that to dwell on it would be a waste of time better spent sleeping.

College student’s guide to taking a perfect nap in GIFs

For the sake of your roommates, your homework and your mental health: take naps. You are a better version of yourself after even 15 minutes of sleep.

For the days too cruel to allow for a stop at home, here is a list of the best spots on campus to recharge. Just remember, anything can be a bed with the right attitude.

1. Library Mall lawnIn celebration of spring, grab a food-truck meal and use the box as a soft styrofoam pillow as you sprawl out between Memorial Library and the Wisconsin Historical Society. At the peak of the day, this open lawn becomes a sunny oasis for students between classes.
  2. Capital Café booth 

A perfect solution for business students, Capital Café offers booths in a variety of colors near the back of the sitting area in total seclusion.Added bonus: many of the booths are semicircle, as if they were built for the fetal position.

3. Rising Sons DeliA small slice of Thai heaven, this pocketed gem on State Street is perfect if you are craving a nap and have an inexplicable ache for a crab rangoon. The restaurant is relatively quiet during the day, with just the sounds of gentle piano music and simmering pad thai. The dim lighting and comfortable booths will deliver the perfect midday nap, and the carbs will ensure you’re down for a long time.
  4. Someone’s couch on Bassett Street 

Let’s be honest, no one on that street remembered to lock their door.

5. Gordon Avenue MarketAny list with the words “best” and “campus” has to include Gordon. The most multifaceted building in Wisconsin (probably) is a facility for food, sports, first dates, breakups, soliciting, tutoring, catching terrible viruses and sleeping.Start the search upstairs, where a variety of chairs and couches await. If you’re out of luck, migrate back down to the main dining area and drift away to dreams where your Wiscard has more than $2 on it.
  6. College Library quiet sectionThis is the perfect nap spot if you’ve got a bit of time to kill before your next class. No one wants to study in the soft chairs attached to tables anyway, so it’s your time to shine. Just be careful about setting an alarm.
  7. The 80In between classes but not sure where to go? Take a loop — what’s the harm? Pop on the next 80 and let your daydreams get the best of you. Whenever you happen to wake up, you’ll already be on the way to your next class. No distractions here except for the occasional yellow string tug and the feeble “thanks for the ride” echoing from the second door.
  8.  University Health Services Waiting Room Go in for a walk-in — the twenty to thirty minutes it’ll take them to find you a nurse is ample time for a power nap.
  9. Abe’s LapIt might be bad luck, but let’s face it — if you can’t make it through the day without a nap in the first week back from spring break, you probably aren’t graduating anyway. Climb on up and let the 16th President of the United States cradle you in his cold, copper arms.