Local Girl Scout sports crafty stilts for tallest marketing stunt in scout history

Hometown hero risks life for sake of samoa sales
Flickr user Amanda Sicard

On Tuesday, a local Girl Scout worked harder than you did, guaranteed.

This girl takes selling Girl Scouts cookies to a new level.

Posted by Nate Moll on Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Taking the Girl Scout mission of empowering girls and teaching values such as honesty, fairness, courage and compassion to new heights, an unidentified Girl Scout took to Library Mall on stilts to sell the world-renowned Girl Scout cookies we’ve all been tempted with on State Street, in the lobby of Fresh Market and at the corner of the busiest intersections on campus.

Successfully walking past a Girl Scout without succumbing to their compelling green sashes, puppy dog eyes and sugary-sweet “would you like to maybe buy my cookies, please?” is deserving of at least three different badges. It is a journey that requires perfect tunnel vision, the ability to lie about forgetting your wallet on the spot and a very, very cold heart.

This Girl Scout knows the drill, and she was not about to stand for it. Not at her normal height of 3-foot-9, at least.

The 14 second video shows multiple passersby looking up from their phones and doing a quick double-take as the 8-foot tall Girl Scout looks down on them, beaming with pride. She’s not here for your pity nor your artificial courtesy. She is well versed in the ways of the market. She wants those Benjamins, even if she has to climb out of those stilts to get it.

In the foreground, a Girl Scout mother sporting a yellow vest sits comfortably, bathing in the sun with the thought of how none of the other scout moms will have a story to top this at next week’s wine night.

We could all learn something from the motivation and drive of this impassioned young woman. Or at the very least, we should buy some of her Thin Mints. She might need a new pair of stilts for next month’s Mother’s Day fundraiser.