Accompanying the recent drop in temperatures, fall is upon us. While beautiful in the summertime, Madison is just as charming during the colder months. Throw on a flannel and witness autumn in the best of ways.

Here are a few true-to-Madison activities and events to look forward to this fall.

University of Wisconsin Arboretum

Take in changing colors as you walk through the largest forest preserve in Madison with almost 1,200 acres of nature. Go for a hike or a bike ride to experience fall in full force. Free drop-in walks take place every Sunday at 1 p.m.

The Dane County Farmers Market

Stock up on groceries and pick up a pumpkin to carve while sipping on hot mulled cider. Located on Capitol Square until mid-November, the farmers market is even better in the fall. Stop by every Saturday from 6 a.m. until 2 p.m.

For MPD, safety is ‘number one goal’ at FreakfestMadison Police Department Captain Jason Freedman outlined safety measures for Freakfest at a press conference held at the City County Read…

Freakfest

Madison’s annual Halloween and music festival is a must-see for fall. Put on a costume and attend the best Halloween party the city has to offer. On Saturday, Oct. 27, on State Street, this year’s lineup includes Misterwives, Tank and the Bangas, Quinn XCII and more.

Apple Orchards & Pumpkin Patches

Enjoy apple picking at a variety of fall farms around Madison. You can visit Kalscheuer’s Pumpkin Farm in Middleton, Green’s Pleasant Springs Orchard in Stoughton, Eugster’s Farm Market and Petting Farm in Stoughton, Door Creek Orchard in Cottage Grove or Eplegaarden in Fitchburg.

Badger Football

Bundle up and attend one of the home games for Badger football. Join in on the tailgating festivities and celebrate school spirit.

Top five moments in Wisconsin fall sports for 2017There were so many great moments in the world of Wisconsin sports this fall, and each sport had a particularly Read…

Fall Bodega

Hosted at Breese Stevens Field, the Fall Bodega has over 70 vendors, food carts and live music. With free admission, stop in on Sept. 27 from 4-8 p.m. and support local small businesses.

Verona Fall Fest

Celebrate all things fall at Verona Fall Fest. Enjoy hayrides, food trucks, bobbing for apples, bonfire and more. On Oct. 5 at 4 p.m.

Madison Parks

No matter the time of year, Madison parks are always enjoyable. Set up a hammock, have a picnic or go for a run.