Don’t miss what Netflix has in store for the month of October

Streaming service offers array of thrillers perfect for Halloween movie marathons
Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

October is here, and with that comes an array of changes to Netflix’s lineup. With Halloween upon us, viewers may expect a stronger horror presence, however, that is not the case. Thankfully Netflix’s already strong lineup of horror remained mainly untouched, aside from the removal of Kubrick’s The Shining.

Despite the loss of one of the greatest horror films, Donnie Darko will be returning to Netflix.

The cult classic that flips an 80’s teen movie setting into a psychological thriller makes for a perfect addition to any Halloween movie marathon.

https://badgerherald.com/artsetc/2017/09/27/lady-gaga-strips-down-her-facade-in-new-netflix-documentary/

Horror fans can also look forward to Julia Ducournau’s Raw. The film received rave reviews from festival goers with many critics noting the disturbing and vivid display of cannibalism and sexuality. Along with that, the film tackles a coming-of-age arc with Garance Marillier at its helm with a fantastic performance.

The biggest addition to Netflix this month fits the theme of Halloween, and if you’re reading this you probably already know what I’m talking about. Stranger Things is returning with its heavily awaited second season. Fans can expect to see Eleven fight her way out of the Upside-Down, while Will and his friends deal with the repercussions of his time there. Netflix bumped up the show’s return to October 27, just in time to binge before Halloween.

For fans outside of horror, Netflix already brought back Tommy Boy; a classic for any Wisconsinite. On October 13, Will Ferrell and John C. Reily’s NASCAR comedy, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby will be coming to Netflix. Later in the month, Quentin Tarantino’s latest film, The Hateful Eight will be arriving. The Hateful Eight will be joining Inglorious Basterds, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown making for a solid lineup for any Tarantino fan.

https://badgerherald.com/artsetc/2017/09/26/filmmakers-hope-to-broaden-worldview-of-audience-through-walk-a-mile-in-their-shoes/

Along with the slew of films and shows gracing Netflix this month, many favorites are leaving. Viewers may have noticed their favorite show is gone already, as many of them left on the first of the month.

Notable shows that left include 30 Rock, Malcolm in the Middle, Friday Night Lights and One Tree Hill. Plenty of films also left Netflix this month. The Coen Brothers’ Barton Fink, the Beatles inspired musical Across the Universe, David Lynch’s Mulholland Dr. and Titanic all left Netflix. At the end of the month Louie will be leaving. If your show wasn’t mentioned, it (likely) survived for another month!