Meet your Revelry main eventers

Here’s who will taking the most limelight at this year’s festival
Meet your Revelry main eventers

iLoveMakonnen

Emerging from the recent renaissance of Atlanta hip-hop, iLoveMakonnen has unapologetically garnered a ton of attention lately.

iLoveMakonnen, Makonnen Sheeran off the stage, originally went viral and is perhaps best known for his Drake featured 2014 mega-hit, “Tuesday.” Since its release, clubs have certainly been going up, but the Atlanta artist is proven he is so much more than just one meme-worthy song.

In 2015, he followed up with the sonically ambitious iLoveMakonnen2. This record featured the artist’s unmistakable rap-sing hybrid vocals accompanied by better production, signifying his growth as an artist and increased respect by the rap scene.

Just in time for Revelry, he also released the sixth entry in his Drink More Water mixtape series.  Though only a mixtape, this project exhibited increased lyrical intent by iLoveMakonnen and has demonstrated that he is not simply satisfied with being famous. Instead, he is still actively trying to grow as an artist.

If the energy that iLoveMakonnen brings to every studio track is any indication, the rapper-crooner should cap off Revelry with one hell of a spectacle. Plus, who knows, he may even bring out some of his friends like Future, or maybe even Drizzy himself.

Hudson Mohawke

Photo Courtesy of Lilli Elias

Though recently gaining a lot of recognition by collaborating with Kanye, Scottish IDM sensation Hudson Mohawke has been impressing the globe for a long time.

Hudson Mohawke, otherwise known as Ross Birchard, broke out originally as part of the duo TNGHT. It was not until recently that he began making waves with music of his own.

In 2015, he released Chimes, a tiny but very important EP.  Its title track is his most played song to date on Spotify, and it is hard not to see why. The track focuses on the best of what the producer has to offer, featuring an eclectic mix of heavier and lighter sound. Throughout the track is a rich coating of chimes, as the title suggests. The track also inspired a stellar remix, featuring the likes of rappers Pusha T, Future, Travi$ Scott and French Montana.

Also in 2015, Hudson Mohawke released the longer effort Lantern. In this album the producer’s artistry is on full display. There’s almost no unity to the project, but it is hardly noticeable and even appreciated because the music is so impressive. Shifting from dark distortion to shimmery soul beats in the blink of an eye and then back again, Lantern takes its listeners on a sonic journey.

His live performance at Revelry should be no different, a magical journey that will definitely hype up the proceeding ILoveMakonnen.