Hot or not? Individuals define sexy

A lonely Tuesday night and the State Street bars are far away, and with that goes the chance of getting any ass. You might just head to bed or, if you’re still feeling a little randy, you might turn on the TV. Flippin’ through the channels you’ll surely find titillating programming on Cinemax or the Spice Channel. The brightly colored images and dramatically loud moans beg the question; what do you get off from? What do you find sexy? From conventional to far-out and back again, sexy is a term that always difficult to define.

The definition of sexy has changed dramatically throughout the past several centuries but it has always remained elusive and engaging. What we as individuals consider sexy is a combination of all our past experiences converging into our own personal taste. Sexy as described through porn, exotic dancers or even the Victoria Secret catalogues you steal from your girlfriend, shows graphically the desire for flesh. Skin is in, nothing new there, but outlandish new fantasies are becoming much more widely accepted with the advent of the Internet.

Stepping outside of the realm of sexy and socially acceptable are those fantasies that are illegal in most states. This includes defecating on your partner, having sex with a dead body and dare I say, rape fantasies. Are these fantasies sexy? Or do they fall into another unnamed category? It seems that those individuals that wish to have sex with a horse or a goat have other issues going on. But that doesn’t stop the Internet porn industry from raking in cash by the truckload from these quite unconventional fantasy sites. Hundred of thousands of people click on the tab that says “Girls loving farm animals” daily. I question whether these men and women think it is sexy to see a horse and a girl going at it. What I hope is going on is that these people are investigating their curiosity rather than sexual lusts and urges. Whichever one it is, I hope these people stay away from the petting zoo.

I have often heard that porn arouses men while women find it repulsive. In other terms, the two sexes define sexy differently. I don’t buy this. Advertising and the media have told women that porn is degrading, repulsive and without taste and have then turned to men and presented them with the Coors twins. This is for the purpose of, hold your breath, controlling woman’s sexual urges and confining their minds. Call me what you will, but I think women can get off just as hard watching “Debbie Does Dallas” as a man could. The differences come from how our minds fantasize about the images. Men see sexy as a sensual naked woman sprawled out on a bed and fantasize about what to do to her. Women on the other hand see sexy as that same woman, but instead want to either be her or to be in her situation, waiting for her man to cum, oh I mean come.

Whether fantasy or filth, porn serves the purpose and has been doing so for as long as images have been captured on paper. How much anyone gets turned on by porn is a matter of taste and choice. For most of us, tastefully done porn, i.e. Playboy, gets the job done. Skin is in, but they also know the importance of leaving something to our imaginations. Sexy in conventional terms will often take this route. We have minds that allow us to imagine and create a fantasy situation that then in turn allows us to self-pleasure whenever so inclined. Again, this is a great example that our minds are our greatest bedroom tool and toy.

Then there is always sexy in those sappy heartfelt unconventional meanings. “Intelligence is the sexiest of all…” or “her personality is what gets me…” Sweet, so very sweet. While these attributes are important, it’s not all that surprising that right after one of these is said you hear “…but his eyes are sooo sexy too!” or “…plus she had a nice ass.” It is no great stretch of the imagination that sexy will always be connected to something physical.

Sexually suggestive or stimulating and generally attractive or interesting. It’s a broad answer that each of us narrows down what we find sexy and how we get off. Now I was going to say something like, “whatever happens behind closed doors is your own private business,” but that wouldn’t be any fun. Share your thoughts. Check out this article online and post your comment. And please, if you are undecided about what is sexy and what is not, leave the poor farm animals alone.