Music to ‘tsujz’ by

The soundtrack for “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” is exactly like the show. You don’t want to like it, but somehow, through its wit and charisma, it becomes your new, limited-time best friend.

In fact, the collection further embodies the style, spirit and message of Bravo’s tele-visual epidemic. It starts out with a bang and a side of cheese, with an über-produced, extended version of the show’s theme song, “All Things (Just Keep Getting Better)” by club faves Widelife. And you can’t help but be a little won over by its cavity-inducing, feel-good vibe. From there, saccharine sounds and Fab Five tips in song format grow stronger.

“Culture Vulture,” Jai’s advice for the rhythmically challenged, has a voice in Junior Senior’s “Move Your Feet.” Interior-design guy Thom wishes you “Good Luck” (in your new bed) through Basement Jaxx. And hair-gel-touting “Don’t rub, just pat” Kyan gives you the first word in shaving with Kylie Minogue’s “Slow.” By including the genius of these dance-pop giants, the compilation establishes some heavy cred absent from most TV soundtracks — a la the WB. The album packs more of a punch than John Q Radio’s “5 O’clock Work Out.” Taking it a step further, the Fab Five, who have always been staunch supporters of mixing high and low couture, include the mash-up of Fischerspooner vs. Billy Squire.

The album then goes on to sprout some aural aphorisms such as Liz Phair’s “Extraodinary” and Chicago-based power-pop trio OkGo’s “You’re So Damn Hot.” And just like showing the proverbial straight guy the world of non-pleated pants and how to “work the product back to front,” the boys do a fine job of introducing lesser-knowns like Prophet Omega and J-Lo-esque U.K. songstress Jamelia. And what gay-pride album is complete without a track from Sir Elton John and metrosexual extraordinaire Sting.

Unlike a Twinkie, however, the sugary beats won’t extend the shelf life of this album past the 15 minutes of the Fab Five themselves. It will “tsujz” up a trip to the gym or a morning commute and maybe accessorize a dinner party with a little more style than you’re used to. And that, after all, is their goal.

Grade: A/B