Hardcore at Union South

Milwaukee lights up Union South’s Club 770 Saturday night. The five-member group Since by Man has made quite an impression on the Midwest hardcore scene as of late — recently signing with acclaimed Revelation Records.

“We really want to work with a good producer and studio on our next album. We might go with the Red House in Kansas City, where The Get Up Kids have worked. That studio consistently turns out good albums. More importantly we want to work with a good producer like Ross Robertson. Ross has a marvelous sound, and has produced spectacular albums with bands like Korn and At The Drive In. We just want to find a producer who has enthusiasm for the project,” said lead singer Sam Macon in a recent interview.

Seven Days of Samsara also hails from Milwaukee. This foursome formed in the fall of 1998 and should bring the late ’90s thrash to the venue.

Fed by Fiction will kick off the night. According to the group’s website, the band “recorded a 3-4 song demo [last] weekend in [an unnamed band member’s] mom’s basement in Burlington, Wisc., under the watchful eye of Mike Ignasiak-Santiago.”
Horay, the $3 discs will be pressed in time for the show. Pick one up for sure. Doors open at 9 p.m., and the show begins at 9:30 p.m.