Making it as easy as A-Z

Although this is a little delayed, I think the time is right to start upon the A-Z Project that I expounded upon in this [column](https://badgerherald.com/artsetc/2008/12/08/smathers_new_goal_li.php): > In the next month, I will compile a list of musical artists in alphabetical order, starting with numbers and symbols — for consistency, I’ll use the list provided by Allmusic. Since I obviously won’t find all of this music, I’ll post everything I can find from www.allmusic.com, and place an asterix next to each artist I’m still looking for. Once the first list is compiled and I have enough music at my disposal, I’ll start listening to the available albums of that artist. Starting on New Year’s Day, I’ll post comments on The Beat Goes On blog. They’ll start with observations of songs I’m listening to, including research on the artist’s background and explanation of that work. I’ll give some evaluation of the music, but it’s more about what I’ve gathered from the work more than how good or bad it is. Unless, of course, it’s really bad. Then I have to skewer it.< Well, the allmusic.com list didn't actually pan out. That would require downloading massive amounts of music everyday, with some prepared ahead of time to make it work. So, I'm taking the easy way out and starting with a smaller pool of material: Going A-Z on Napster. However, this doesn't mean I won't occasionally find some categorized material on a web site somewhere or won't accept yousendit offers to listen to an album or two from readers. But understand that as I'll be juggling a lot of music at once and may need an occasional detox from a type of musical style, it may come in out of order. A few other things that I'll be doing on this blog: -New Music Tuesday reviews will start next Tuesday. Keeping my promise on that one. -Weekly update on what has been covered, with some synopsis of my opinions on the music I've listened to, figuring out what was the best of the bunch and posting any interesting bits of information that might link the artists. -Any up and coming bands out there? Send in or link to your stuff and I'll fit it in. If I get enough submissions, I'll dedicate a day to DIY/local stuff. This is going to be very sporadic in nature (after all, I don't really know what I'm doing or why I'm doing it, to be completely honest with you) but expect the onslaught of posts to come later in the day.