The best dunks in Badgers men’s basketball recent history

Exploring how Khalil Iverson’s monster slam compares to those of other UW high flyers
Hayley Cleghorn

Wednesday night against No. 8 Iowa, freshman guard Khalil Iverson did this:

https://vine.co/v/i6qDjH6hZJY

Wisconsin’s bench immediately erupted after the dunk, as did Twitter. Badger fans and media members knew it was the best dunk the Big Ten had seen this year, but was it the best dunk the University of Wisconsin has seen in its entire existence?

https://twitter.com/danflood15/status/702698143566008320

https://twitter.com/DanCoco7/status/702699282311172100

Freakishly athletic high flyers like Iverson have not been a common breed in the Wisconsin men’s basketball program, but that doesn’t mean they’ve been totally nonexistent. While someone like Iverson, 6-foot-5 with a vertical leap that’s off the charts, hasn’t been on the team recently, Wisconsin has had their fair share of guys who’ve shown off their hops.

With that, they’ve thrown down some nasty dunks themselves. Do they match up to the double clutch slam Iverson pulled off on Wednesday? Decide for yourself:

Alando Tucker

This may be the most iconic dunk in Wisconsin history, and one of the Badgers’ best players to ever walk through the Kohl Center threw it.

But what makes this throwdown most memorable is Tucker’s fancy dance as gravity pulls him back to Earth.

Sam Dekker

Ah the young, moppy headed, hair gel-less Dekker. Regardless of how horrible his hair looked, the man could still fly.

Jared Berggren Part I

For the most part, Berggren played relatively low to the ground and stretched the floor during his time with the Badgers. But occasionally, the big man would unexpectedly launch himself to the rim like there was no tomorrow.

Berggren Part II

Alright, maybe more than occasionally.

Berggren Part III

Fine. Berggren was flat out ruthless.

What makes this dunk so crazy is that this was a do-or-die possession for the Badgers in their upset victory over soon-to-be No. 1 Michigan.

Down three and with the shot clock to be turned off at the start of the next possession, UW was in desperate need of a bucket. Berggren interpreted that as throwing it down at the rim and ending the life of Michigan’s Trey Burke in the process.

Mike Bruesewitz

What makes this dunk so lovable is Bruesewitz and his outlandish afro were just an inch away from humiliation. The forward looks just as shocked as everyone else that he was able to dunk that ball.

Also, poor Nebraska defender. He probably thought the Bruiser would be the last player on the court to end his life.

He thought wrong.