Taylor, Glover no longer Badgers

Ten days after their arrests on charges of burglary and underage drinking, freshmen guards Diamond Taylor and Jeremy Glover have left the University of Wisconsin men’s basketball team.

Walter Dickey, chair of the Student-Athlete Discipline Committee and also chair of the UW Athletic Board, announced in a press release Tuesday the institution had dismissed Glover from the team for violating the student-athlete discipline policy.

Taylor will not face disciplinary action from the UW since he has withdrawn from school, according to Rob Schultz at The Capital Times, who cited a source from the UW Registrar’s Office.

Taylor and Glover were arrested Sept. 6 after admitting to taking several iPods, a cell phone and more than $400 in cash. Immediately following their arrests they were suspended.

Glover was a walk-on who had officially joined the team just days before his arrest. He is a Haymarket, Va., native and former Flint Hill High School standout. As a senior, he led his team to a 25-5 record and a state semifinals appearance.

Taylor, a native of Bolingbrook, Ill., was a scholarship athlete for Bo Ryan’s squad and a highly touted recruit. As a senior he averaged 18.6 points per game and earned second-team 3A/4A all-state honors from the Illinois Basketball Coaches Association.

For more regarding Taylor and Glover, continue to check badgerherald.com for updates as additional information becomes available.