The University of Wisconsin softball team (25-19 overall, 9-8 Big Ten) has had a great three-game run.

They beat the University of Nebraska for the first time in program history and placed a cherry on top by making it a three-game sweep. Over the span, the Badgers won by a combined margin of 28-7, and are looking fearsome heading into their last regular season series against Northwestern University.

But the story that makes this stretch of dominance more than just a late-season Badger outburst, has been senior Kelsey Jenkins.

Men’s rowing: Badgers competing with nation’s best as they continue successful seasonThe University of Wisconsin men’s rowing team is ranked No. 11 in the country after their home race at Devil’s Read…

Over these three games, Jenkins hit a ludicrous .800, eight hits in ten at-bats, with eight RBI’s and a homer — that means she notched almost a quarter of all the Badgers hits in the series. She accounted for exactly a quarter of their runs batted in. This is excluding the six runs she scored herself.

If you thought Jenkins wouldn’t be a demon on the base paths, you’d be sorely mistaken. She had a stolen base in each game.

You would think she would have drawn more than just three base-on-balls, considering it shouldn’t have taken too long for Nebraska’s pitchers to decide pitching to 2001 Ichiro Suzuki is just a bad idea. Nevertheless, she was only walked three times, notably one more time than the number of at-bats she failed to reach base.

A look back at this semester in sports: Performances, seasons, careers that defined spring 2018This semester is almost through — I know this because I saw the sun last week and haven’t been to Read…

Generally listing off statistics is not the way to go when it comes to writing a readable article, but when the stats look like these, it’s forgivable.

Entering Friday’s opening match-up against the Cornhuskers, Jenkins was batting .385. She came out on the other side with a shining batting average of .411. A 26-point swing is not too bad for three games.

This performance unsurprisingly led to her selection as the Big Ten Player of the Week.