Geistlinger & Hayes: Everything you need to know about Saturday’s CFB lineup Nov. 12

Highlighting all the best games from around the country on Saturday, Nov. 12
Counse

The Badger Herald Sports section’s weekly double feature is highlighting all of the weekend’s biggest games outside of Madison each Saturday.

For any fellow college football junkies out there, feel free to chime in via Twitter with any questions, comments or requests to @BHeraldSports for the column going forward.

Wisconsin continues to find athletic success in alumni hires

Illinois (3-6) at No. 7 Wisconsin (7-2)

Where: Camp Randall Stadium, Madison, Wisconsin

When: 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 12

TV: ESPN2 (Channel 661 on Residence Hall Cable)

Line: Wisconsin (-26.5)

This week the University of Wisconsin welcomes the University of Illinois to Madison for a homecoming week showdown. Illinois is 2-4 in the Big Ten this season, though this may be misleading since one of these wins came against Rutgers University. Look for the Badgers to come out and put this one away early after playing tight games for the last two months. Wisconsin needs to start turning it on for the postseason stretch run, and this is a good place to start. The only drama in this game should be whether the student section will even last until “Jump Around.”

Geistlinger: Wisconsin 45, Illinois 9

Hayes: Wisconsin 34, Illinois 14

Baylor (6-2) at No. 11 Oklahoma (7-2)

Where:  Memorial Stadium, Norman, Oklahoma

When: 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 12

TV: ABC (Channel 607 on Residence Hall Cable)

Line: Oklahoma  (-17.5)

This matchup between the University of Oklahoma and Baylor University is a great representation of the Big 12’s irrelevance this season. Even though the Sooners made a surprise push to the College Football Playoffs last year, two early losses to Houston University and Ohio State University have all but sealed their repeat chances. Meanwhile, Baylor is coming off an absolute thrashing, losing 62-22 to Texas Christian University last weekend, which was their second straight loss following a 6-0 start. OU quarterback Baker Mayfield and the Oklahoma offense have been absolutely chucking the pigskin down field to the tune of 342.3 passing yards and 44.1 points per game. Look for them to prove they are still the class of the conference, even in a down year.

Geistlinger: Oklahoma 48, Baylor 21

Hayes: Oklahoma 49, Baylor 45

Football: Wisconsin climbs to No. 7 in latest College Football Playoff Poll

Minnesota (7-2) at No. 19 Nebraska (7-2)

Where: Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, Nebraska

When: 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 12

TV: BTN (Channel 664 on Residence Hall Cable)

Line: Nebraska (-7.0)

The result of this game should be one of great interest for all the Badger fans out there. Saturday night in Lincoln should help provide the Badgers a much better gauge of what kind of team they should expect the University of Minnesota to field in the Battle for Paul Bunyan’s Axe in the final game of the season. Though Ohio State made the University of Nebraska look silly last weekend in Columbus, Nebraska did go toe-to-toe with the Badgers in Madison through overtime. The outcome give us all some insight into whether it’s the Cornhuskers or the Gophers who are for real in the Big Ten West.

Geistlinger: Nebraska 34, Minnesota 28

Hayes: Nebraska 31, Minnesota 14 

Geistlinger’s Upset Alert: No. 20 USC at No. 4 Washington 

Where: Husky Stadium, Seattle, Washington

When: 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 12

TV: FS1 (Channel 672 on Residence Hall Cable)

Line: Washington (-8.5)

The incredible roller coaster ride that have been my predictions of University of Washington’s games continues this week as they take on the suddenly resurgent University of Southern California. After two straight incorrect picks I am beginning to have a sneaking suspicion that I do not know much about Washington. I have yet to watch them play for a single second. This week, the Huskies will be looking to justify their shiny new No. 4 CFP Poll ranking. They need to win out in order to make the playoff, and they’ll have to be impressive doing in so too. USC has won five straight, but is only 1-3 against ranked teams this season. This game should be a defensive affair similar to last year’s 17-12 Washington win, and in a low-scoring game, give me the 8.5 points, even on the road.

Geistlinger: Washington 24, USC 19

Hayes’ Upset Alert: #16 West Virginia (7-1) at Texas (5-4)

Where: Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX

When: 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 12

TV: FS1 (Channel 672 on Residence Hall Cable)

Line: Texas (-2.0)

While this pick has traditionally been a ranked team in trouble of falling to an underdog, this week’s upset comes somewhat backwards as No. 16 West Virginia University is projected as two-point underdogs to a Texas team sitting one game above .500. I have picked against WVU before this season in this column, and they have burned me for doing so. Even if the line were even, I would still take West Virginia’s odds to win outright over Texas.

Hayes: West Virginia 35, Texas 23