Where to go to watch the Badgers championship game

Polo Rocha
State Street Brats

Tonight’s game between Wisconsin and Duke is one of the biggest games in UW history, and you’ll probably remember where you were for the championship bout for the rest of your life.

So where exactly should you go to watch to watch the Badgers finish their historic run?

You might want to take Chaser’s, Brats and the Kollege Klub off your list because they’re already more full than Kentucky’s bandwagon.

Here’s some of the other places to take in tonight’s game:

The Unions

The Wisconsin Unions are the official game watch hot spots for the game, and they’re going all out to make room for what is sure to be droves of Badgers fans.

Both Memorial Union and Union South are freeing up nearly every room possible to accommodate fans, and will open up doors to the Rathskeller, the Great Hall, Sett, and Varsity Halls I and II among others as early as 5 p.m. Monday evening. Memorial and Union South will open up additional rooms if the space is needed.

Fans are encouraged to arrive early to ensure that they get the seat they want for the game.

More information about the watch parties at the Unions can be found here.

Men’s basketball: What it was like when Wisconsin won a national championship, 74 years ago

Other Campus Venues

If you don’t want to cram into either of the Unions, Gordon Commons, Chadbourne, Dejope and Carson’s will each have a watch party of their own. Gordon will host its watch party in the Symphony Room, Chadbourne’s will be in the Main Lounge and Dejope’s will be in the Lake Mendota Room.

The Bars

For those students who are “of-age” and haven’t been waiting in line since the end of 2014 at Chaser’s and Brats, here are some alternative bar options. It’s like a veggie burger instead of a steak but better.

For those on the south side of campus, there’s Lucky’s Bar and Grille, Jordan Big 10 Pub, Buckingham’s and Echo Tap & Grill.

For those near the Langdon side of campus, there’s Wando’s, Church Key, Red Shed, Vintage, and if you want to walk another block, the Nitty.