Tony Bennett Not Pursuing UWGB Job

Wisconsin men's basketball assistant coach Tony Bennett has announced that he will not pursue the vacant UW-Green Bay head coaching position. Bennett was contacted by UW-Green Bay athletic director Ken Bothof regarding the job but has decided not to explore the opportunity.

“I appreciate UW-Green Bay's interest in me as a potential candidate,” Bennett said. “I have decided at this time in my coaching career that I will not be pursuing that position. I am excited about being here at Wisconsin to continue working with coach Ryan, the staff, the young men in this program and the potential players we are recruiting.”

The 32-year old Bennett recently finished his second season as an assistant coach at Wisconsin. The son of former Wisconsin and UWGB coach Dick Bennett, Tony is a 1992 graduate of UWGB, where he led the Phoenix to one NCAA tournament appearance and two NIT berths. He is still UWGB's all-time leading scorer (2,285 points) and the NCAA's all-time leader in three-point field-goal percentage (.497). Bennett played in the NBA with the Charlotte Hornets from 1992-95.