The Main Depot

One of Madison's finest establishments, The Main Depot, is often overlooked in the grand scheme of things, perhaps because of the location or perhaps because of the eccentric mix of individuals one may run into while paying a visit to this neighborhood bar.

Located just a stone’s throw away from the corner of West Washington and Regent Streets, the Depot offers a traditional pub atmosphere with beer, pool, darts, large round tables and a quality jukebox. The establishment has that laid-back, college-bar feel with Badgers memorabilia prominently displayed throughout the venue.

However, the tables remain a prime draw to the Depot, in that one can feel like he or she is seated upon a bar stool at a family-style diner. Honestly, is it not incredibly exciting to actually be able to see and talk to one's friends while out?!

The open bar area allows for large groups to easily congregate around a table and enjoy a Spotted Cow… or two.

The Depot sets itself apart from the ordinary, a fact attested to by its red stamped tin roof, which gives the bar an atmosphere like no other typical Madison pub.

There's nothing fancy or overly classy about the Depot. You won't find an $8 appletini at this bar, and if that's what you are looking for, please make your way elsewhere. Just makes more room for the rest of us.