Eicher only Dist. 5 candidate dedicated toward working for students

Today, you may have the opportunity to vote for Analiese Eicher, a UW-Madison student running for Dane County Board. If you live in District 5, mostly a student district covering much of campus, you could elect your fellow student to represent your interests on the board. In the past, supervisors we have elected to this position have not lived up to our expectations. It is time for that to change.

As an active and politically involved student, Analiese understands the interests and concerns of the campus community. She is committed to maintaining an open line of communication with students through online resources such as Facebook and blogging, and face-to-face interaction like “office hours” where students may come and speak with her in person. As a supervisor, Analiese will make sure students’ voices are heard at the county level, and even further that students are aware of how county issues and decisions affect them.

The relationship between students on campus and their representative on the County Board has been painfully nonexistent for years. Analiese is running for this position because she believes we as students deserve to have a strong county representative who stands up for our needs on issues like the environment, safety and access to county services. Analiese will work to ensure we have clean air to breathe and safe lakes in which to swim. She will also encourage cooperation between the sheriff’s department and UW police to guarantee a safe community for students. Additionally, she will make students aware of the county services that are available to them and guarantee that they are as easy to access as possible.

Today’s election will determine how students are represented on the County Board for the next two years. Today, we implore you to cast your vote for Analiese Eicher, the only candidate dedicated to working directly for students.

James Meincke

Communications Chair

College Democrats of Madison

[email protected]