Print Team will champion long form, analytical content twice weekly

With another semester at the Herald comes another round of exciting changes. Last semester was our first time experimenting with an online-first model and two printed editions hitting stands each week. While this will continue, we’ve created parallel staffing structures in our digital and print news teams with a managing editor to lead each in making both products the best they can be within their mediums.

While Will Haynes heads up the digital side of things with dynamic, web-native content, I’ll be leading our print team as the print managing editor, making sure each issue is filled with the kinds of stories that aren’t bound by the 24-hour news cycle.

Expect more in-depths, features and follow-ups to contextualize and give the bigger picture of the quick, shorter updates you’ll see us continue to provide online.

Also expect each printed edition to look and feel special. With a team of editors now focused solely on our print product, they’ll be able to devote their full attention to longer-term projects involving more investigative digging, analysis and looking off the beaten path for unique stories.

I’m excited to focus on slowing down the news cycle and providing readers with journalism that makes an impact.