Readers strike, with some success

In response to “Pandering to preps ruins Halloween” by Sam Clegg:

Why don’t you just dress up as a ‘brah’ for halloween? Popped collar, undershirt that says ‘i facebooked your mom,’ shell necklace, leather armband, white sneaks, huge belt buckle, trucker hat tipped sideways. And when you’re watching O.A.R. and a bunch of drunken, barely clothed ‘cats’ and ‘witches’ are grinding up against you, you might reconsider your prior dismay.

In response to “Capitalists created Wall Street mess” by Paul Pryse:

It’s the Tax Eaters against the Tax Payers and you can see who’s winning.

Do you really think you can convince anybody that “Capitalism” is the reason that people got loans that no sane person could ever expect them to pay back?

In response to “Catch McCain fever” by Katie Nix:

Oh shit. I hope there’s a vaccine.

In response to “Online businesses scamming Wisconsin tax laws” by Jack Craver:

I know that you aren’t an economist, Jack, so I’ll explain this to you briefly. Trade is a two-way street. Some Wisconsin businesses are helped by the lack of a sales tax, and others are hurt. It’s amazingly easy to sell across state lines now, even for Main Street businesses. I’ll let you know the next time I’m teaching Econ 101. You should come.

In response to “City of brotherly love” by the Badger Herald Editorial Board:

“Property rights are sacred.” I can think of a lot of things in this world that may rise to the level of sacred, but property rights is certainly not one of them. In fact the irony, to be pointed out to all those John Locke fans out there, is that throughout history the process of defending property rights has been one of the single greatest threats to many of the human values that are truly sacred- freedom, justice, truth, dignity, and the preservation of life itself.