Readers rock the mic right

In response to “Deport student, but change law” by Jason Smathers:

I can hardly believe that a person who considers himself a friend of Tope would argue for her deportation. Have you no soul?

In response to “Multicultural groups enrich campus community” by Suchita Shah:

It is because multiculturalism treats people as members of ethnic groups rather than individuals sharing common ideas, that it embraces the idea that all cultures are morally equivalent. We see this in the fact that multiculturalists will embrace any depraved idea, such as the rampant sexism and violence in hip-hop, as being just another culture to “understand.”

In response to “Multicultural organizations emphasize politics of difference” by Sam Clegg:

Perhaps if we just let people (whites) do things on their own time slavery would have eventually disappeared on its own, schools would have been integrated harmoniously and the youth of color incarceration rates and chasms between whites and people of color graduation rates for high school and college would all just disappear on their own. Come on kid…are you simplifying the issues because you’re a simple-minded person or you just haven’t been exposed to the data, the historical facts and reality? Wow…please say it’s the latter and then read more and get out and stop being so sheltered and privileged.

In response to “Scrap the system” by the Editorial Board:

Put selection in the hands of hacks from the elite political class, said hacks chosen based on the political whims of the moment. Whatever you do, remember that the proles can not be trusted to vote for the “right” candidate.

In response to “South trying to rewrite history” by Andrew Wagner:

It is none of your business what other states do. This is precisely what caused the War.

I didn’t know they had the internet in the South.

In response to “Practice what you preach, Karns” by Brent Maddux:

Wait, let me get this straight: When you saw a problem with how ASM operated…you stopped showing up as opposed to trying to address the problem. Wow, that seems mature.