Ann Coulter: A great American

I think Ann Coulter is wonderful. Who wouldn't? She's a bold, outspoken woman who gets her point across by making outrageous comments that have truth to them. As for the "wishing Jews could be perfected" comment, isn't that just expressing her beliefs? Don't Jews wish Catholics believed only in the Old Testament?

"That is what Christians consider themselves: They are perfected Jews," Coulter said. "What Christians believe — this is just a statement of what the New Testament is." Christians are encouraged to share their beliefs with everyone, including the Jews. That is part of what Christians believe.

The reason everyone hates Ann Coulter is because she says things that they disagree with. She's provocative — but she makes people listen to her. If she didn't say anything stimulating or thought-provoking, the liberals wouldn't jump on her, and nothing would be made of what she said. Ann Coulter is blunt and says what she means in this age of "political correctness." I have two of her books, and the latest, "If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans," is on the way. If only we would say what we think instead of hiding behind this fear of "offending" other people. If people are scared to say what they think, they will be run over and controlled by those who aren't.

Heidi Voss

Freshman, undecided major

[email protected]