Readers make ’em say uhh!

In response to "U.S. perpetuates acceptance of racism" by the International Socialist Organization:

You know what the main problem with “racism” is: people think in terms of race. At its most basic, thinking of people in terms of race is being racist.

In response to "Legislation to give immigrants rights they deserve" by Hannah Karns:

These kids are U.S. citizens. They have grown in this country, and they don’t know any other country than the U.S. They belong here. This is their country. I’m a strong advocate of the Dream Act, and I believe these kids are the future, and they should not be penalized for what their parents did.

In response to "UW administrators squelch students on segregated fees" by Jason Smathers:

What are segregated fees? Isn’t segregation bad?

-Germain E. Stemme

In response to "Sex education tight-lipped: Students fail ‘oral' examination" by Adam Lichtenheld:

Usually, sex education courses emphasize restraint and discipline about one’s sexual activity – the purpose is to educate and inform, not encourage

In response to "Holistic admissions necessary for minority progress" by Ryan Greenfield:

Until we can accurately predict what makes a student successful in college, we will have an admissions policy that will generate nothing but criticism. I would think developing such a formula would be both financially and ethically rewarding, so much so that maybe the people posting on this list would be better off developing such a policy rather than simply complain over the one we have now.

In response to "Comic still offending Greeks" by Hanna Terhaar:

Yes, the rest of the campus is not allowed to criticize your organization. It is from now on forbidden. All comics must be tasteful and avoid any controversy, less the Greek community have to defend its actions. Your ego’s certainly must come before free speech.

Do you know how a newspaper works? It is not the opinion of the newspaper that offends you, it is the opinion of a cartoonist. For fucks sake girlfriend, why do you insist on this ignorance. Would you write an LTE responding to every opinion article you disagree with? This is the newspaper that had the balls to print an ad against reparations for slavery and the Mohammed cartoon. FREEDOM. OF. SPEECH. It's a beautiful thing.