Readers combat printed word

In response to "From the desk of the editor: A different perspective" by Taylor Hughes:

Sad that it becomes novel to treat killers as human beings, but in the end, Cho Seung-Hui was a human being, with all the flaws and troubles that comes with it. I'm glad that article finally tore away the myth of the monster.

In response to "Media ignore victims, wrongfully focus on shooter" by Gerald Cox:

I cannot stand how our national media have become Nancy Grace clones. Yes, this event was newsworthy, but is it anymore newsworthy than hundreds of deaths in Iraq daily? For NBC to dedicate more than half of its nightly news content for a week to Virginia Tech is unconscionable. Our media have turned into ratings whores who bathe in the blood of tragedy.

In response to "Next stop on the gravy train" by the Badger Herald Editorial Board:

if you get rid of seg fees, you can take the $730 you save and spend a FRACTION of it for the services you actually want to use. Whether its SERF or NAT or UHS or anything else. If, you argue, these services won't exist for students to pay for, then they're clearly not worth the trouble anyway.

In response to "All-Campus Party squanders funding" by Dylan Heaney et al.:

Ben Kweller? Seriously, who the hell is this guy? Some hippie bojanga jerkass with a guitar that sings about frisbee, free spirits, and making love in Nebraska TERRIBLE…

In response to "Anti-Catholic bias may fuel dispute" by Kyle Szarzynski:

America is a bigoted country. The "liberals" in Madison are just as big of bigots as the people they like to attack, they just direct their bigotry at religion and wealth and status. It's may be less harmful to society as a whole to be bigoted against the majority or against the ones in control, but it's no less immoral.