Readers build soap box

In response to "Suing fish in a barrel" by The Badger Herald Editorial Board:

This actually wasn't a decision made souly by DoIT to shelter students or some nonsense, but rather determined by the UW Legal Team that this course is the proper way to deal with the RIAA's threats. In a public environment such as the dorms or by connecting with the UWNet wireless, it is not always possible to trace IP addresses exactly, and the University does not want to violate the privacy of its students and staff when it cannot, in many situations, positively pinpoint who the offender is.

In response to "Passengers deserve bill of rights" by Jeff Carnes:

Then don't fly! No one is making you travel with a crappy airline company. If you get screwed like you did, don't use that airline again, it's a simple as that. Stop complaining and act like a consumer is supposed to act.

In response to "Ziegler deserves your vote" by Sol Grosskopf:

Being a trial judge has nothign to do with the legal scholarship required of supreme court justices. They're two different fields, so previous judicial experience is moot. Stop being another Ziegler apologist. Her record is not pristine; she is one of the most corrupt and careless judges ever to serve on a Wisconsin bench. She doesn't deserve our vote; she deserves our scorn.

In response to "RIAA casts off logic amid sinking sales" by Jason Smathers:

"We'll stop stealing from you when you stop suing us for stealing from you". Nice. I'm constantly amazed at the lengths people will go through to rationalize their behavior. Stealing is stealing. If you want to steal, go ahead, but please don't try to make excuses for it or paint it as some noble protest of the record industry. You're selfish and immoral and you're stealing. Just admit it and move on.

In response to "Edwards' questionable call" by Jack Garigliano:

This article is in poor taste. You accuse Mrs. Edwards of being selfish for wanting to leave a legacy, yet if the legacy she is trying to leave would be one of hope or courage in the face of adversity, I would welcome it. Even if all she does is leave money for research toward a cure for cancer, it is something she did not have to do. I do not support John Edwards, I would never vote for the man, but accusing him of using this to bolster his poll ratings would be wrong when no such evidence exists.

In response to "Giuliani's ego looms large" by Ben Patterson:

What is "political experience?" Does it mean that you've honed your trickery and dishonesty skills? Seriously, the president doesn't need any skills what so ever. The president HIRES the people who know what to do. The president reallly only has to be a good orator, but 6.5 years has proven that to be only optional.

In response to "Stay in the shallow end" by The Badger Herald Editorial Board:

I like the people posting about the "flawless" ASM election. Wow, congratulations, the student government was actually able to hold an election where they didn't have to throw out the results at the end. Woo-hoo!