Readers reboot criticism

In response to "Gates outshines Rumsfeld's term" by Andrew Wagner:

A drunken chimpanzee could have done a better job than Rumsfeld. The next president of this country is going to enjoy the same relative success.

In response to "Dissecting Obama-mania" by Gerald Cox:

Race is cited as a factor, then it's not. The media both accepts and denies it. An African-American president is a huge step. It certainly has to be a factor in his electability. Yet, I don't think his race is what will win him the nomination (if he does, that is). It will be Hillary Clinton's tarnished reputation and her lack of political will. She sounds strong, but she's really a moderate. I just wish Al Gore would stand up and put these children to bed.

In response to "Your life without seg fees" by Jason Smathers:

The Wisconsin Union receives $95/semester of that ~$365/semester. Oh, and it will be going up next year by an additional $48/semester. I wonder if we will still be paying the $95 when Union South is torn down and the Theater Wing of Memorial is being rebuilt? The union is a huge money pit. They charge $5 for a sandwich with flies on it and they can't afford to support their own budget?

The bus passes are another great scam. Something 5% of the student pop uses regularly, but we all have to pay for it. Why can't the people who want to take the bus pay for it themselves? Isn't that fair? If I ride my bike everywhere, I want my bus money back! In the rare event I need to take the bus, I'll pay the fare. I think the worthlessness of the various seg-fee funded student groups speak for themselves.

In response to "In Gmail we trust" by The Badger Herald Editorial Board:

Partnering with Google is a terrible idea. Not only does the UW lose proprietary control over its email service but the door is opened for all the issues that have been raised in regards to privacy concerns with Gmail. And is another corporate partnership really necessary? It seems like it could cause more problems than it solves: If you want more space, pay the measly amount they ask for an upgrade, and to the Herald: Don't use skewed statistics about storage space. The vast majority of emails are textual and are therefore not comparable to general "filespace" servers at your paper. If you have an issue with filespace, then criticize MyWebSpace instead – which you did not even mention in your article.

In response to "Iraq war needs new solutions" by Rob Rossmiessl:

You took 4 paragraphs to say that you haven't written about Iraq. I don't know, dog, you started out kind of pitchy, then it just got weird for me. This wasn't one of your best performances. It was just a'ight.