Readers take e-ffence

In response to "Sick Daze" by The Badger Herald Editorial Board:

If no one is reporting sick time, it could be that no one is getting sick. Perhaps we, as tax payers, should thank our state employees for their perpetual health by officially granting them an extended period of sick leave greater than their current average: 1 day. Legislators, administrators, professors: we'll be taking attendance; see you at work.

In response to "Proposal may help UW achieve equality" by Kira Brenner:

I will join your cause on one condition. You must never use the term "youthquake" ever again.

Youthquake ban is seconded.

Thirded!

In response to "Shout-out belittles rape" by Abby Newcomb:

… the shoutouts are notoriously inappropriate and offensive, it's the way they are. However, I agree that this one crossed the line. There was really no humor involved, just belittling an organization that is there to protect rape victims, male and female.

In response to "New Legislature focused, hopeful" by Adam Lichtenheld:

Speaker Pelosi's fallback choice to head the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Silvestre Reyes, voted against building the 700 mile border fence. He prefers a system of video surveillance cameras, apparently. And gee, it seems that his daughter works for a firm that won a government contract to provide such surveillance services!

In response to "Teenage adoption enlightening, fun" by Jeremy Elias:

Do you write when you're drunk? I think every drunk has uttered the same BS about adopting a 17-year-old sometime in their inebriated past-time.

In response to "Bolton's resignation good for U.S." by Rob Rossmeissl:

Yes, now the UN is "safe". It's massive corruption can safely continue, without the slightest danger that anyone will demand reform. It's vicious anti-semitism is now safe from criticism – no matter how many times per month the UN passes resolutions condemning Israel for not being destroyed quickly enough, there won't be any mean old John Bolton to get in the way.

In response to "Violence has consequences" by Aaron Goodman:

This is fatalistic drivel. The more you pretend all Muslims want to destroy Israel, the more you marginalize moderate Muslims. Also, the rocket attacks are being carried out by Fatah, not Hamas. The Herald shouldn't publish letters with obvious mistakes.

In response to "UW must eliminate race factor" by Ryan Masse:

Great article. I think UW can boost minority enrollment and retention if it uses race-neutral factors such as the ones listed in the article. The goals of affirmative action are noble but the method is extremely flawed.