Readers bust some heads

In response to "Ethics dominate election year" by Sarah Howard:

… Once you're caught, you have to 'fess up and take it like a champ. Mark Green's fight to get his $400K back is sickening; I would have more respect for him if he told us he didn't need that money to beat Doyle anyway. Burning a $100 bill to light a cigar would have added a nice bad-ass touch…

In response to "Magnum offers voters solutions" by Angela Wang:

"Dave Magnum supports personal choice", does he really? What's his stance on "personal choice" when it comes to a woman's body?

"What's his stance on "personal choice" when it comes to a woman's body?" Oh but he supports choice! Husbands and the church get to choose what a woman does with her body.

In response to "Protesters don't deserve attention" by Jeremy Elias.

so they don't deserve attention… yet you wrote an article about them? either in person or in print, you're still giving them the attention they seek.

In response to "Doyle policies harmful to students" by Erica Christenson:

Doyle is a tool, but when a Democratic governor inherits a multibillion dollar deficit from a Republican governor who had a Republican legislature and does what he can to try to balance the books, you can't logically blame the Democrat.

In response to "Israel bullies Middle East" by Samir S. Jaber:

Yes, by all means, let's villify Israel over denying nuclear weapons to Saddam Hussein. That was a horrible mistake! They should have just let Saddam develop nukes to be used in the Iran-Iraq war of 1980-1988, and then again on Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and American soldiers in Desert Storm…

I think after every significant war, we should figure out which ancient religions need their own states. Then, we should figure out where those groups are hated most and plant their new countries right in the middle of it.

In response to "UW leaders ignore religious rights" by Tim Kruse:

If religious students want their organizations funded, they should do it themselves. The market will provide ample resources if the students are motivated enough to take care of business themselves rather than demanding a handout from the taxpayers and from students whose seg fees are already far too high. And I say that as a religious student.

In response to "Bishop errs in advice" by Sophie K. Zermuehlen:

I think we should all learn from the example of priests and not marry at all. Ban gay and straight marriage.

In response to "Regents' meddling misguided" by Joelle Parks:

You say the reason for the regents involvement is unclear and then cite two Republican legislators. Yeah…that's fair. And you completely discount the logical argument that it will hurt the university because it will diminish all hope that the UW will have domestic partnership benefits.

In response to "White House should go commando" by Dave McGrath:

You sit around watching body building videos with your brother? Weird.