Readers talk trash

In response to "Obrador threatens stability" by Andrew Wagner

there were 10,000 ukrainians who showed up for the orange revolution. that was widely covered & supported by the corporate media. 1,000,000 mexicans showed up for the yellow revolution. only to get ignored & vilified. which just goes to show… real revolutions are not televised.

In response to "Ditch Charter, get unhooked" by The Badger Herald Editorial Board

I used to work for this hell hole of a company for a year in the HSD department – which was all I could take — customers I worked with were livid with the quality of service they received for the money — and now Fond du Lac's call center is trickling over to Africa so they underpaid foreigners can take your calls — ha ha, good luck all you subscribers! I am now a happy employee of Time Warner Cable. Cheers!

In response to "Dialogue vital in Muslim East" by Gerald Cox

… It seems like everyone tries to make the Muslims look like innocent victims. But they are the ones murdering and rioting. Westerner: "I disagree with you." Muslim: "What? You evil heretic! How dare you call me violent! I'll go blow up an embassy, that will teach you who is violent!"

… You can be sure none of the lunatics torching churches or burning the pope in effigy have any idea what he actually said.

… I wonder what got the Muslim world so upset? I think maybe we should allow Saudi Arabia to set up an air force base in Ohio. Maybe we could arrange Iran to overthrow the corrupt government of the evil dictator Jim Doyle; we would greet them as liberators. Yes, I am saying it is all our fault. What did our leadership think when we were poking the bees' nest for years and recently decided to give it a good kick? Stay the course. So far, so good.

In response to "Access to paper trail a must" by Jason S. Ebin

"I wonder why Bush would want to keep records from the Reagan administration a secret?" Yeah, why don't they just send somebody in to shove documents in their underwear, like the Clintons did with Sandy Berger?

In response to "University must expand reach" by Mike Skelly

… should one "sacrifice" for a college education? And if sacrifice isn't the right word, how about investing in a higher future income stream? We know that college-educated people tend to earn signficantly more than those who are not. Shouldn't that fact be considered by college-aged people in terms of their future? Really, how do we balance the benefit to the state against the person who immediately benefits?

In response to "Doyle policies keep UW system on track" by Eli Lewien

… Not once do you even address the issue of the FACT that tuition at UW has gone up precipitously in the 4 years of the Doyle administration. Not even one hint that this has happened.

In response to "Sudanese victims need real support" by Danny Tenenbaum

How do Anglina Jolie and George Clooney feel about this subject? I can't form an opinion until I know where they stand.

In response to "Bush copycat unwelcome" by Awais Khaleel

Here's the real Doyle: A lawyer for Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle's campaign repeatedly lobbied three Democratic members of the State Elections Board before they voted with the majority to order Republican gubernatorial candidate Mark Green to divest $467,844 in donations from out-of-state political action committees, records show.

In response to "Gen Y to face new challege" by Rob Rossmeissl

What label will you use for a generation when you run out of letters?