Letters to Editor

Last week I opened The Badger Herald opinion section, or so I thought, and read how difficult Sara Machi’s life is because it took her over an hour to find a formal dress for her next sorority function. I wondered where the forum for open discussion was there? What opinion did she want the readers to hold: to agree to sympathize with her maybe?

And this week I read about how the recent acts of Sept 11 leave the ‘sensitive male’ by the wayside?

She went on to ridicule movies like Terminator and Indiana Jones, saying they used violence and not intelligence to overcome obstacles. Well if I remember correctly, Jones was a superb role model using athletic prowess and a brilliant mind to overcome his adversaries. Did Machi even watch these movies before slamming them? Every day when I open the Herald I look forward to two things: reading White Bread and Toast (nice job Mike Berg) and the opinion section where there is something to debate about. I think it’s time we put Machi’s uninspiring editorials exactly where they belong — in a room of her own!

Travis Delker, UW senior