Sprint PCS: Pretty Crappy Service

Friday

5:15 p.m. “Hey, I don’t know if you’re screening your calls or what, but give me a call when you get this message. We should go out tonight.”

5:33 p.m. “I don’t think my phone was turned off, but I never heard it ring. Anyhow, sorry I missed you. Call me back and we’ll make plans.”

8:30 p.m. “Hey, just got your message. Actually, I got it about 30 minutes ago, but it took me 15 minutes to check my voice mail, and another 15 minutes to make this call …”

11:43 p.m. “What the hell? Not only did my phone not ring, but my voicemail didn’t go off until just now. Anyway, we’re having fun — you should be here.”

Saturday

12:02 p.m. “This is absolutely ridiculous! I was just woken up by my voice mail going off … 11 HOURS AFTER YOU LEFT A MESSAGE! I swear, this is the most expensive pager I’ve ever owned.”

2:35 p.m. “Hey, I’m at the game right now. Oh! Did you see the Sprint rep’s letter to the editor in yesterday’s paper? I tried calling the number in the letter, but my phone wouldn’t work …”

4:19 p.m. “I finally got through to customer service — using a land line — and they had the gall to tell me there wasn’t a service problem in Madison. I told them that not only was my phone a mere pager, it was a horribly ineffective one. I demanded a free month’s service, to little avail.”

4:45 p.m. “I just found three lost voice mails on my phone, including yours. Anyways, I forget why I was calling. Guess I was just excited that my phone work –”

5:50 p.m. “Sprint sucks.”

Sunday

Noon. “Wow, I can’t believe I finally got through to you. How was your weekend?”

“Good. Would have been nice to meet up with you, though.”

“Yeah, but I can use the money I saved to pay for my very expensive phone.”

“Sprint says they’re going to build another tower on campus …”

“Not for another month, though. Can you believe we’re paying –”

3:30 p.m. “Hey, sorry about earlier, my phone cut out and now I’m just getting your voice mail. We should write an editorial. …”

Tweet

This article was published Sep 30, 2001 at 12:00 am and last updated Sep 30, 2001 at 12:00 am

Comments

UW-Madison's Premier Independent Student Newspaper

All Content © The Badger Herald, 1995 - 2024