If you’re wondering about that lawsuit…

[The Wisconsin State Journal](http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/306842) runs a comprehensive story on the lawsuit Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen is pursuing against the Government Accountability Board for not having Wisconsin’s voter rolls in order.

Ultimately, the worst case scenario would probably not be the actual “disenfranchisement” of thousands of voters, but rather the effective disenfranchisement of those who show up at the polls only to find them clogged with interminable lines. That is still a very serious issue, and one that no doubt favors the Republicans. The bureaucratic mess will most likely hit poor areas hardest, where the bureaucratic mess will probably be even more severe. Moreover, the voters being examined are only those who have registered since Jan. 1 2006, and are undoubtedly overwhelming Democratic. Remember election 2006? Remember the primaries? Both served as registration boons for Democrats, so it’s no wonder the Democratic Party reacted so harshly to Van Hollen’s lawsuit.