Fantasy Football Pickups for Week 6

The injury of star players always opens up a door for backups. Just like any other week, there were some star players who either underperformed or were injured. The players on this list should help fantasy teams in need of help.

Teams that have bye in Week 6 -Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears, Jacksonville Jaguars, and New Orleans Saints.

1. Freeman, Josh (QB, TB) – After having a bye last week, the Buccaneers should be in a better shape, especially against the weak Chiefs defense. Freeman isn’t an outstanding option, but he should be good enough to start for one week for those who are looking for a quarterback in free agency.

2. Kolb, Kevin (QB, ARI) – Kolb didn’t perform well against the Rams last week. He threw for 289 yards and rushed once for two yards. It was a very disappointing performance from Kolb since he had scored 15+ fantasy points in three straight games. The Cardinals’ running game isn’t likely to improve this week since Ryan Williams and Beanie Wells are injured. This will give Kolb opportunities to throw as much as he did last week against the worst passing defense Bills in Week 6.

3. Stephens-Howling, LaRod (RB, ARI) – First Beanie Wells and now Ryan Williams is on Injury Reserve. Now Stephens-Howling has a chance to be a starting running back for the Cardinals. It is tempting to start him against the second worst running defense, the Bills, in Week 6.

4. Green, Alex (RB, GB) – Cedric Benson is out against the Texans in Week 6 and for the near future, so Green has a chance to be the primary back. The Texans’ running defense is decent and Packers’ quarterback Aaron Rodgers is likely going to do most of the work, but Green might snag a touchdown this week.

5. Best, Jahvid (RB, DET) – It is still questionable whether Best comes back soon, but it is worth noting a man who is capable of being a fantasy stud. Depending on how Mikel Leshoure performs while Best is gone, Best will be either a fantasy star or a big name bench guy.

6. Avery, Donnie (WR, IND) – Avery hasn’t done much since Week 2. However, he still averages about nine targets per game (Thanks to Andrew Luck who throws average 44 times). Luck is likely to throw as much as he can, and Avery will be okay moving forward.

7. Kerley, Jeremy (WR, NYJ) – With Santonio Holmes is on injury reserve Kerley received a team-high nine targets last week. The Jets’ passing offense isn’t necessarily great and it is hard to predict how many targets Kerley gets from now on, but if he keeps up the targets, he should be okay.

8. Gibson, Brandon (WR, STL) -Amendola is out and somebody has to step up to be the Rams’ number one receiver. Gibson is second on the team in targets after Amendola and has potential to be okay. It is tough not to start him in Week 6 against the Dolphins who have the tenth worst passing defense.

9. Williams, Mike (WR, TB) – Behind Vincent Jackson, Williams is clearly the number two receiver for the Buccaneers. As Freeman figures out the offense, Williams could be a decent option. He once had 964 receiving yards with 11 touchdowns just two years ago.

10. Wright, Kendall (WR, TEN) – Wright caught nine passes for 66 yards last week. He was targeted a team-high 11 times. The Titans offense (both passing and rushing) has been weak lately, but Wright has been doing what he is supposed to. The Steelers’ passing defense isn’t easy, but he is a more reliable option in the Titans offense.

11. Chandler, Scott (TE, BUF) – Last week was just embarrassing for the Bills, but Chandler still managed to catch four balls for 40 yards. The Bills were facing the 49ers, the team that can make any offense look like a high school team. The Cardinals’ defense should be less challenging and Chandler is likely to grab a touchdown.

12. Cincinnati Bengals D/ST – It is hard to play bad against the worst NFL team. Yes, the Browns have Trent Richardson, but that is about it. The Browns fans are hoping to achieve the first win at home, but it seems questionable.

13. Miami Dolphins D/ST – Now, that the Rams’ best receiver (Amendola) is out the offense is seriously lacking in weapons. The Rams’ running back Steven Jackson hasn’t been dominant and other offense besides Amendola has been quiet so far. The Dolphins should be fine at home in Week 6.