LIVE BLOG: Wisconsin vs. Penn State

Day Two of the 2011 Big Ten Tournament has seen the No.1 team in the nation nearly lose, a resounding comeback and an inspired performance from a team previously thought to be done.

All that, and the third-seeded Wisconsin Badgers haven’t even played yet.

Ohio State escaped Northwestern in overtime in Friday’s opener, Michigan overcame a double-digit deficit against Illinois and Michigan State took the day’s third game with a resounding victory over Purdue.

The Badgers (23-7, 13-5) will face the sixth-seeded Penn State Nittany Lions (17-13, 9-9) following the conclusion of the Purdue-Michigan State affair. The Nittany Lions defeated the 11th-seeded Indiana Hoosiers here last night, 61-66. Wisconsin and Penn State split the season series, with PSU taking the first in Happy Valley, 56-52, and UW taking the second in Madison, 76-66.

Herald Sports editors Mike Fiammetta and Elliot Hughes are live from Indianapolis, and they’ll keep you updated all game long (and for the duration of the Badgers’ tournament run). Be sure to follow the live blog below, as well as on Twitter @bheraldsports, @mikefiammetta and @elliothughes12.