LIVE BLOG: UW basketball vs. Penn State

While the opponent may not look very important or intimidating on the schedule, you can rest assured the No. 18 Wisconsin men’s basketball team is not going to take the Penn State Nittany Lions lightly.

In fact, they would do well to use this game as a warmup for Purdue and just embarrass the Nittany Lions, who have yet to win in Big Ten play.

Penn State is essentially a one-man show, with junior guard Talor Battle providing nearly all the offense for the the Nittany Lions. If Battle plays as he has against the Badgers in the past (read: not well), the UW should have no troubles in this Sunday afternoon matchup.

However, if Battle explodes like he has against other teams for 30 or more points, the Badgers could be in for a battle (pun intended) at the Kohl Center.

It will be up to senior guard Trevon Hughes to shut down the Big Ten’s second-leading scorer. If he does anywhere near as good a job as Tim Jarmusz did on the Big Ten’s leading scorer, Manny Harris, the Badgers should leave the building with a win tonight.

Join Managing Editor Michael Bleach and Sports Editor Jordan Schelling as they provide live coverage of all of today’s action from Section 208 at the Kohl Center.