LIVE BLOG: Wisconsin basketball v. Purdue

If the matchup with Duke was the No. 1 game at the Kohl Center this season, this afternoon is No. 1A.

Whereas Duke was ranked No. 7 heading into that early-December non-conference matchup, Purdue is even better, ranked No. 4. More importantly, though, a win today would keep the Badgers right in the mix for the Big Ten regular season title.

Despite hanging with the Spartans throughout Wednesday’s game in East Lansing, an ugly loss at Michigan State ended the hopes of an undefeated mark in conference play for Wisconsin. Now, the biggest game of the season may be staring head coach Bo Ryan’s squad in the face.

With classes still more than a week away, Ryan’s squad should be focused Saturday afternoon as they look to bounce back from their third loss of the season.

UW is 0-2 in its last two matchups with Purdue at the Kohl Center and 0-4 overall in the past two seasons against the Boilermakers. History is on the Badgers’ side, however, as no visiting team has ever won three straight games at the Kohl Center.

Please join The Badger Herald for unparalleled live blog coverage of today’s game. Managing Editor Michael Bleach and Sports Editor Jordan Schelling will be blogging live from Section 208 providing some play-by-play and plenty of analysis of today’s action.

Scroll down for the live blog.