Gridiron nation: Week Nine

Games of the week:

#3 Texas @ #14 Oklahoma State

This is it for the Longhorns. Defeat the Cowboys and the schedule sets up perfectly for a trip to the Big 12 title game, and a shot at the national championship. Oklahoma State has some firepower on offense, but without the talents of suspended Dez Bryant, an upset seems pretty unlikely. Look for Colt McCoy to put up some big numbers as he eye’s a championship, and a heisman trophy.?

#5 USC @ #10 Oregon

After “the punch” early in the season, few thought the Oregon Ducks would recover. But they have done just that, and they now host the Trojans in a battle for Pac-10 supremacy. The winner of this game is in the driver’s seat for a trip to?Pasadena, and something tells me we’re going to see the Trojans there once again.

Georgia @ #1 Florida

The Bulldogs have had a pretty?disappointing?season, but the game against Florida is always fun to watch. The Gators and quarterback Tim Tebow have been very unimpressive in recent weeks, and there is?definitely?the?possibility?of an upset on a?neutral?field against a bitter SEC rival.?

Player to watch:

Noel Devine, West Virginia?

Devine displayed his remarkable speed last week against UConn, and he’ll get another chance to wow the country on national television tonight against South Florida. With Pittsburgh and Cincinnati sitting at the top of the conference, West Virginia needs this win to stay in the hunt for the Big East title.