Gridiron nation: Week six

Games of the week:?

#1 Florida @ #4 LSU

Will Tebow play? That is the big question, but even without Tebow, the Gators have enough talent to play with anyone. LSU has been inconsistent, especially on offense, but that defense is keeping the Tigers at the top of the rankings. LSU is awfully tough to beat at home, and the crowd will certainly make it’s presence known under the lights. If the Gators find a way to win, they should be set to make an appearance in the SEC championship game.?

#3 Alabama @ #20 Mississippi?

Another SEC battle, but this one isn’t such an even matchup. The Crimson Tide have been incredibly consistent and Nick Saban’s team looks to have a championship caliber defense. Ole Miss and quarterback Jevan Sneed, on the other hand, has been very inconsistent and that has caused the Rebels to drop in the rankings. Mississippi needs a big win at home if they plan on playing in a meaningful bowl game.?

Michigan @ #12 Iowa

Iowa is a tough team to figure out. They beat Penn State on the road, but barely beat Northern Iowa and Arkansas State at home. The Hawkeyes have a great defense, but the offense has had its struggles. Michigan is looking for a big road win following an overtime loss to Michigan State.?

Player to watch:

Ryan Mallett, Arkansas

Arkansas has played two ranked SEC teams so far this season and they lost both. Alabama made Mallett very uncomfortable, but the Razorbacks QB bounced back with a strong outing against Texas A&M. Mallett will have his hands full this week as an undefeated Auburn team comes to town.?

?