Gridiron nation: Week three

Games of the week:

#19 Nebraska @ #14 Virginia Tech

Bo Pelini is doing his best to resurrect to the Nebraska program and he has a huge challenge facing his team in Blacksburg. The Hokies are looking for a big non-conference win after losing to Alabama in week one. Look for a hard-hitting defensive struggle in this Big 12 / ACC battle.?

#10 Boise State @ Fresno State

This WAC matchup is particularly interesting for Badger fans. A Bulldog win would be huge for UW’s strength of schedule and a Boise State win pretty much seals an undefeated season for the Broncos. I think Fresno is a tough team and I think the will give the Broncos a good game, especially with the home crowd behind them.?

Tennessee @ #1 Florida

This game probably won’t be very close, but it should still be very entertaining. Lane Kiffin said his Tennessee team would beat the Gators, but I’m sure Tim Tebow and company will have something to say about that. Look for Florida to get out to an early lead and I wouldn’t expect them to let up. Not with Mr. Kiffin patrolling the opposite sideline.?

Player to watch:

Colt McCoy, Texas

The Longhorn quarterback is already making a strong case for the Heisman trophy and he gets a chance at some revenge this weekend. Texas Tech comes to Austin with a defense that McCoy can feast on and I fully expect him to take advantage of the prime time spotlight. Texas is playing for nothing less than a National Championship this year and they are not about to let the Red Raiders get in their way this time around.?